Valve has released another new update for CS:GO today. While not a whole lot was added, the maps Chlorine and Jungle have been replaced with Mutiny and Swamp.
Also noteworthy, Trusted Mode is now the default launch mode when starting CS:GO. The previous launch mode options have been deprecated. In addition, there is a new launch compatibility option for 3rd party software. It is provided to allow 3rd party software to access CS:GO.
If you want to know more about how Trusted Mode works, see CS:GO Trusted Mode FAQ.
- Trusted Mode is now the default launch mode for CS:GO.
- Previous Trusted Mode launch options have been deprecated.
- Instead, a new compatibility launch option “-allow_third_party_software” is provided to allow third party software to access the CS:GO game process.
- For more information about Trusted Mode please refer to the following Knowledge Base article: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8835-KLXV-0292
- Added Mutiny and Swamp to official matchmaking in Casual, Deathmatch, and Scrimmage game modes.
- Chlorine and Jungle have been removed from official matchmaking.
- Grenades now convey the correct amount of damage to teammates if thrown by another teammate who switched teams or disconnected.
- Decoy grenade explosions no longer damage teammates by default. (controlled via convar ff_damage_decoy_explosion)
- Fixed bsp-embedded models caching rules to allow for reloading the correct model when transitioning to a different map.
- Capped view model backfaces on Desert Eagle.
- Fixed workshop workbench texture regeneration on low shader quality GPU configurations.
- Minor adjustments to Danger Zone delivery drone behavior for Steam Workshop Danger Zone maps.
Rumor has it:
- The blog post doesn’t contain too many words, but it has a carousel of several screenshots of Mutiny and Swamp
- Happen to come across a map issue in either Mutiny or Swamp? To make sure map authors actually get a chance to be aware of any issues you discover, Mutiny has a discussion on its Steam Workshop page, and right now, Swamp’s discussions section is looking pretty lonely
- Although Danger Zone has no replacement for Jungle at this time (leaving just Blacksite and Sirocco in the rotation), a stray “dz_frostbite” has surfaced within client strings. Perhaps hell might freeze over soon…
- Size is close to 400 MB – data capped users should be aware of the heightened size of this particular update